A wide spot in my imagination.

Friday, July 20, 2012

Jesus and Louie Gohmert


The "Batman" movie shootings in Aurora, Colorado, are a painful tragedy.
East Texas Congressman  Louie Gohmert said on a radio show today, "You know what really gets me, as a Christian, is to see the ongoing attacks on Judeo-Christian beliefs, and then some senseless crazy act of terror like this takes place."  He was talking about this shooting.  
Gohmert also said the tragedy could have been lessened if someone else in the movie theater had been carrying a gun and shot the gunman.  He said, "It does make me wonder, with all those people in the theater, was there nobody that was carrying a gun that could have stopped this guy more quickly?" 
Jesus of Nazareth said, "But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you.  If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him to other."
Not easy words.
I wonder who is the most Christian, Jesus or Louis Gohmert?

No comments:

Post a Comment